Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- At Billtrust, I was tasked with streamlining processes and coming up with new ideas on how to streamline the way that the managers of the Customer Success team can see how their employees are doing. I also worked to ensure customer data quality we were collecting was improved and more accurate and up-to-date.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Running various Salesforce reports and presenting the importance of these reports to ensure more informed decision making
- Data cleanup – contacting customers making sure information on file is accurate and up-to-date
- Developing a threshold for when to contact customers based on support survey results
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- Since I worked with Salesforce a great deal, I learned how to navigate this site and how to run reports with the data we had on customers. Beyond that, I learned the importance of a CRM and related it back to the first MIS class I took at Temple, which was the introductory course to the major. It was nice to revisit the knowledge I learned briefly freshman year and to apply that to the work I was tasked with doing in my internship. I also learned the importance of quality of data. You cannot make informed business decisions without data and I realized that taking the time to analyze that data will just give you a competitive advantage over your competition in the end.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.