Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Data analytics
  • Database administration
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1045 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

InstaFresh – MIS 4596: Capstone Project

screen-shot-2016-12-06-at-1-29-26-amFor the MIS 4596 Capstone class, we were required to group together and come up with a raw idea then turn it to an application.  My group and I decided to create a farm-to-table application where farmers can directly sell their products to consumers.  Working this on this project brought upon many challenges.  For one thing, I learned that it is important to follow a strict schedule to follow to ensure deadlines are met.  There were times in the beginning when my group and I would push back deadlines, but then quickly came to learn that we need to complete every single task as soon as we could.  Another thing that I learned from this project is the importance of team work.  Every member of my group is very talented, and with that being said I don’t think our project would have reached completion without the skills of everyone.  By creating a work-breakdown structure, we assigned different tasks to each member of the team to ensure we would complete and finish all deliverables in a timely manner.  I was even glad to see that my teammates were willing to help me with my documents or answer any question I had regarding the project.

This capstone project is different from projects I worked on in the past for other classes because we are really on our own here.  We had to do everything ourselves, from creating an idea, building the application, financials, systems architecture, and many more.  But everything we had to complete in this project, we already learned how to do in our previous MIS classes.  Before taking this class, I was afraid that I really did not learn anything at all, but upon completing this project I can see that I learned alot during my time here at Temple. With projects from other classes, I am usually given a template to follow, however, this class project was more like a “find your own template and see what works best” kind of thing.  I feel like I am more prepared for the work world after completing this project and hope I can use these skills I learned in the future.

Click on -HERE- to view my team’s project site on InstaFresh!!

Skip to toolbar