I work full time for Temple University’s Department of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery (Lung Center). Temple University Main Campus, and the Health Science Campus located in Philadelphia PA, which employs ~ 5,000 full time faculty and administration.
“The Temple Lung Center helps people with all types of lung disease breathe easier and live more active lives. We are a national leader in diagnosing and treating lung problems, whether you have a common issue like asthma or a complex condition like COPD.
As one of the nation’s premier lung-disease research centers, we offer patients access to leading-edge clinical trials and innovative treatment options. We also have one of the most active lung-transplant programs in the United States, with nationally renowned transplant surgeons.”- https://www.templehealth.org/services/lung
I work with the administrators for both the clinical activities and research efforts of the department. My responsibilities include the following.
• Responsible for creating monthly service analysis reports – Feasibility studies, patient demographics.
• Assist in developing Clinical Trial Budgeting tools and models.
• Develop and manage SQL databases.
• Develop apps for department use.
• Create budget tools for multi-site trials.
• Create Google site/Team site to track project deadlines
The Project Management class helped me understand the process of project planning and meeting hard deadlines. The Data Analytics course helped me understand the basics of manipulating and presenting the data. Working with databases helped me understand the basics of relational databases.