This Year
No Points
Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Dragonhacks 2019

Name of Sponsoring Organizations: IEEE (Advanced Technology for Humanity), Drexel University (Electrical Computer Engineering), Drexel University (Office of the Provost), Lutron, Lockheed Martin, Boomi, Google Cloud Platform, Drexel Alumni, Vanguard, Balsamiq, Promptworks, Jet Brains, Hedera Hashgraph, Sketch, Insomnia Cookies, and .tech.

Where: Bossone Research Enterprise Center, 3140 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104

When: April 20, 2019 @1:00 p.m.

What I learned: I mainly learned about technological innovation and cloud computing. During the team-building exercise, my teammates and I exchanged our knowledge of technology. With this, I gathered information about coding and its various uses, information systems, and new technologies. During the networking event, I learned about the investment management company The Vanguard Group, specifically its services, internship opportunities, and employment benefits. During the networking event, I also learned more about Google Cloud Platform. I learned that Google Cloud Computing provides services, such as data storage and data analytics. I also learned about the organization IEEE, which is an organization with the purpose of advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Ultimately, I learned that creating technological products requires a variety of skillsets, and that creating hacks involves creativity as well as an advanced, integrated understanding of computer science.

How this activity relates to coursework: This activity relates to the course of the MIS major, because it involved an understanding of technology, its uses, technological products, and data analytics. The activities required participants to utilize technological products for efficiency and accessibility purposes, which is relevant to the material of my MIS courses so far, because in my classes I learned that management information systems necessitates the use of technology to better the external and internal operations of businesses. The cloud computing aspect of the event undoubtedly relates to MIS coursework, because data storage and analytics is critical to information systems. This fact has been emphasized in my MIS courses Information Systems in Organizations and Data Analytics.

• PARTICIPATION 5
Skip to toolbar