Community Platform
Interests
  • Accessibility
  • Business analysis
  • Business continuity
  • Business Intelligence (BI)
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1010 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Fox IT Career Fair

In Fall of 2016, I attended the Fox IT Career Fair where I got to introduce myself to and meet a number of different employers and get to learn about the many different paths that my MIS degree could take me. I believe that this event is extremely important for every MIS student to go to because it allows them to really get an idea of what they want to do with their careers. The Fall and Spring Connection are great events but the IT Career Fair really allows you to hone in on your specific field and see what is available that might not be found at just a general career fair. I really got a lot from this event by learning about a number of employers that I never would have thought would offer technical careers such as PNC Financial, the company with whom I will be doing an internship this summer. For MIS Professionals, I think the Fox IT Career Fair would also be a very interesting event for them because they get to meet the fantastic students in our program. This event is especially great to help these professionals pick out potential diamond-in-the-rough candidates, namely those who may not have the most stellar GPA but have a real understanding of the hard to teach intangibles of business like how to make a good impression and generate interesting conversation with someone you just met.

Skip to toolbar