• Strategy
This Year
No Points
Total
1080 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Junior Business Analyst – Full-Time (Summer 2016)

Destiny Solutions Inc. Logo (PRNewsFoto/Destiny Solutions Inc.)

May 9th as I started my full-time internship at Continuing Education Systems I was quickly thrown into training new interns as well as being held more responsible for scheduling client meetings, holding one-on-one training, and moving to more project management work. During my time there I have helped with the next phase of implementations which includes Inside-Out Center, FOX Executive Education, FOX International, Institutional Research and Assessment, and Temple Harrisburg. I have expanded on my work as a BA as I now moved to a senior position as our staff adjusted to the new promotion of our supervisor. With the responsibility to schedule meetings for him and our team, I had gained more experience as to how to work as a team in an office setting especially with the variety of  different workers.

Examples of my time taking more responsibility and teamwork is with Temple Harrisburg. I have worked with our new BA Ariel and my supervisor to implement Temple Harrisburg Play Therapy Post-Graduate Certification and Strength-based Family Workers (SFW) program  into DestinyOne. This required weekly WebEx calls with TU Harrisburg for scheduled reviews, updates, and approvals to push their projects into our system before fall. The use of LiquidPlanner to create task and record hours of work, task objectives and due dates have been a great help in this process. By creating and assigning a task to each of us it was simpler to coordinate with each person. Also due to gaining shared calendar access with my supervisors I was able to skip planning meetings and assign them during appropriate times. Overall we accomplished a lot during my 10 weeks as we were able to move Play Therapy forward and SFW to production.

I can say that this internship has given me more BA experience than I could ask for. I have encountered many different program offices that each had their own benefits and problems and I believe being able to handle these with the CE team have greatly taught me how to function in a BA environment. With fall being my last semester and my beginning of searching for a career I can say that I am more open and looking forward to business analyst positions and am more prepared than others.

Skip to toolbar