- The Microsoft mentorship program was divided into three sections: lectures, one-on-one mentoring, and a final hackathon. The lectures assisted in training and introducing me to various technical and non-technical programs and services provided by Microsoft. One-on-one mentoring with two specific mentors aided me in navigating specific career paths in Cybersecurity and Azure Cloud Sales. While also accompanying them to client and team meetings. Finally, we combined what we had learned into a hackathon to demonstrate old and new skills in a format appropriate for the theme/topic “MissionToMars.”
- During my mentorship, I was able to accomplish two goals.
- The first, as previously stated, created a very professional and functional website that extremely impressed the judges while participating in a hackathon. As the sole front end developer, I was satisfied with the results.
- Secondly out of 30 plus mentee’s I was one out of only four to finish there “How to put it all together Azure Fundamentals Challenge”. This guided me to get the Microsoft Az-900 certification.
- I learned about various Microsoft tools and services related to both the business and technical aspects of my Management Information Systems (MIS) degree. A select few of these are…
- Azure Cloud Services, which I used to help set up and manage a virtual server to host and store our hackathon site with my teammates.
- Cyber Security lectures and having one of my mentors working in cyber security helped me gain insight into cyber security at Microsoft. The lectures by Microsoft DaRT (Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset) helped me learn more about their products and the industry in general. While my mentor helped educate me on communicating, selling, and teaching to people from Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
- The Microsoft HoloLens and Mixed Reality lectures were also very informative. I learned a lot about how big data was used to empower their devices & software. I also now have a better understanding of the distinctions between AR, VR, and Mixed Reality.