Community Platform
Interests
  • Data analytics
  • Financial systems
This Year
No Points
Total
1035 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

IBIT Meetings

Some of the most exciting experiences I have had at Temple have come through the MIS Department’s IBIT meetings. These meetings consist of about 10-20 students and various companies who are IBIT members. Through these meetings, I have met with individuals from major corporations, such as AmerisourceBergen, QVC, and Wal-Mart. It is not easy to connect with people from these large corporations on a personal level, but the IBIT meetings allow you to do so. Each meeting encompasses an extensive presentation and a Q&A session. These meetings have given me a new perspective on the IT industry, and I highly encourage every MIS student to attend an IBIT meeting.

The most memorable IBIT meeting I attended was with Dale Danilewitz, CIO of AmerisourceBergen. Hearing the background of a CIO and how he worked his way to his current job title was truly amazing. Mr. Danilewitz provided me with various tips on how to succeed in the IT industry. Additionally, I learned a wealth of information about AmerisourceBergen, a company that I had previously known little about. This IBIT meeting was one of the most rewarding experiences I have had as an MIS student.

Skip to toolbar