Getting Tableau Desktop
We’ll be using Tableau Desktop version 9.3.5 a lot during this course. You can get a full copy of the software – PC or Mac – for free!
To download and activate your software:
- Go to the landing page and find version 9.3.5 and download.
- You may have to fill out a form:
- Under “Organization”, enter “Temple University”
- Under “Job Role”, mark “Student”
- Under “Industry”, mark “Education”
- Under “Department”, mark “Other”
- Get your Tableau Key from the Community Site Gradebook (remember you need to be logged in to the Community Site). You’ll see it as one of the entries.
- After you install Tableau you can choose to activate the software. Use the Tableau Key.