MIS 2101.401 – Jonathan Latko – Fall 2016

Uncategorized

Exam Review Session

Kasey will be hosting a review session for exam 1 on Monday, September 26th from 3:00-4:30 PM in Alter 603.  All sections are welcome!  It will be a Q and A, so if you don’t bring questions, it won’t be much of a review!

Also, for students who cannot attend at 3, we will be posting the class capture of the review session.

Kasey Brown

Temple University, Class of 2018

Fox School of Business, Honors Program

BBA Management Information Systems

Diamond Peer Teacher, Information Systems in Organizations

kasey.brown@temple.edu

Upcoming Assignments MIS 2101

1. Exam November 29th during our regular class schedule time.  25 Multiple choice exam with a Scantron so please remember to bring a pencil.
  2. Learn IT! #2 Due Oct 2nd end of the day – This assignment is another way to practice building a Swimlane diagram so I suggest you do this assignment as a way to study. 

MIS JOB Fair – Open to specific majors and minors in MIS

Hi all

This year’s IT Career Fair will be held on September 28 from 11am-3pm on the 7th floor of Alter.  We have about 30 companies lined up, see http://ibit.temple.edu/careerfair/employers/participating-employers/

BBA in MIS students get 50 professional achievement points for participating.

Students must register in advance so please direct them to the site for more information at: http://ibit.temple.edu/careerfair/

Note: The IT career fair is only open to BBA in MIS, MS ITACs, MS DIM, MBA ITM, and UG minors in MIS. It is not open to general business students.

Volunteer Opportunity with some Temple Grads/ Startups – great way to network.

Good Morning Mr. Latko,

I work for local Philadelphia company, United by Blue, an outdoor brand with a commitment to waterway conservation. For every product sold, we remove a pound of trash from oceans and waterways through company organized cleanups.

United by Blue and Honeygrow are hosting a cleanup along the Delaware River at Penn Treaty Park on Tuesday Oct. 11 from 4-6PM. All cleanup supplies are provided and volunteers will have the chance to win United By Blue prizes.

Honeygrow will be providing all volunteers with snacks and a 25% off token, redeemable at Honeygrow’s Temple University location.

Both Honeygrow and United By Blue are Philly start-ups. The founders of each organization are graduates of Temple, and have a lot of pride in their Temple roots. This would be a great volunteer opportunity for students interested in sustainability efforts and local businesses in Philadelphia. We would love to have students and staff at Temple University join us in preserving this Delaware waterfront.

Would you be willing to share this opportunity with your group,  through your social media channels and/or with your community contacts? I can additional photos if you think that would be helpful.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the event, or if you would like to be notified about future cleanups.

Check out the event’s page here.

Thank you in advance for your help with this!

Cara

Required Course Packet for Purchase

Welcome to MIS 2101 Fall 2016 6-8:30pm at TUCC

I will be not be using Blackboard to manage this course during the semester.

1. Bookmark this link. Our Class site is: MIS2101 Fall 2016   http://community.mis.temple.edu/mis2101sec401f16/ 

2.  You will need to purchase a “MIS2101 Course Packet”   You will not need to buy any other books or course material. You must buy this course packet for the first class. 

There is no required textbook for this course. There are assigned readings for each class posted on my blog site. They are available for free online. All students are required to purchase the MIS2101 Course Packet (approximate cost $9.00) and bring it to each class. This course packet includes all of the in-class activities that students will complete during the semester. Students can acquire the course packet at:

Main Campus: Ritter Digital Print Center Room 234 Ritter Hall 215-204-1543 
Center City: The Center City Campus Bookstore 
Ambler: The Ambler Campus Bookstore

Students must purchase their course pack during the first two weeks of the semester. Students must bring their course packet to each and every class. If a student is absent from class during an in-class activity or does not have their course packet after the second week of the semester they will not receive credit for completing the in-class activity. There will be no exceptions to this policy.

3. For the first class, please read the material posted under the schedule for week 1 in preparation for class.  http://community.mis.temple.edu/mis2101sec401f16/schedule-2/