Exam 3, Team Project Grade and Final Grades have been posted
All JustinMind extra credit submission are due by Friday 4/24/2015 at 5:00 PM (extend 3 days)
Please send me an copy of the JustinMind extra credit file via email
See extra credit section on the web site for details See
Just a reminder to spend a few minutes to complete the student feedback form for MIS3504, your input is very much appreciated.
Artifacts to be Delivered: (electronically via email)
Due on Last night of class 4/21/2015
- Project Scope Document
- Current State
- Process Flow Diagram(s)
- Data Diagrams
- Business Rules
- Prototype JustinMind file
- Presentation PPT
Exam 3 planning
• The primary material covered in the exam 3 will be on the Design aspects of the course with focus on the topic discussions and exercises reviewed in Classes 8 through 11.
– Class 8 – Design
– Class 9 – Persona/Scenario/Prototype
– Class 10 – User Experience
– Class 11 – Reviewing Work
– Class 11 – Selling Your Ideas
• While the exam will focus on design aspects of the discussions, there will be references to the analysis tools (process flow, data entities and business rules) found in some of the questions and applied in the case portion of the exam.
• A review of chapter 6 in the text book and the class discussions on the analysis tools will also be helpful
– Class 5 – Process Mapping
– Class 6 – Data Mapping and Relationships
– Class 7 – Business Rules and Decision Tree
– Class 12 – Summary has a general overview of the course and the topics
• The exam has three sections: (all multiple choice)
12 question on general knowledge of the above subject areas (mostly on Design Topics)
12 questions based on a case review which is focused on data elements and there application in a mocked up design solution (Report Designs and Layouts will be included in the case material)
16 question on a separate case review which will focused on the identification / evaluation of business rules and their applicability to developing a potential solutions
To prepare for the question pertaining to the two cases in the exam, review previous case work assignments and practice identifying the key process steps, data elements and business rules that would be pertinent to creating a solution
Overall this exam will test you skills in analyzing the information supplied in a case an applying it to a solution
Overview of key aspects used with analysis and design approaches
Summary of topics that will be included in Exam 3
Team Project Work Session:
For this week the project teams should be prepared to share draft views of the prototype and presentation.
This is a check point review before next weeks presentation.
Class Discussion on:
Reviewing and evaluating work product
Review of project presentation work
Team work session and updates
Class Discussion on User Experience
JustinMind demonstration on the create of a solution scenario
Team submission of draft persona(s) and scenario(s)
Draft views of your team’s User Persona(s) and Scenario(s)
Use the persona template found on the web site to describe the typical user(s) that will be engaged in the project solution. Depending on the project solution there may be more than one persona.
Create a draft outline of scenario(s) that the user will work thought as it pertain to the project solution. The scenario(s) tell a story as to how the user interacts with the solution, there many be one or more scenarios needed to tell the story. For the initial draft of the scenario(s) you may create a simple document or PowerPoint slide that outlines the steps and decisions in the form of bullet points.
Exam 2 will be taken on March 24, 2015 during the last hour of class
The Exam will primarily focus on the analysis tools outlined and demonstrated in class discussions 5 – (Process Mapping), 6 – (Data Mapping and Relationships) and 7 – (Business Rules and Decision Trees) and the respective individual case assignments.
Key topic areas covered in the exam will be: Process Flows, (Swim Lane), Data Analysis (Entity Relationship) and Business Rules (Decision Tree).
Chapter 6 in the text book specifically covered the analysis tools with addition backgound information found in chapter 4. Review of the class disucssions posted on the web site and follow up case assignments will serve as good study aids. The Software Requirements Memory Jogger also has examples of the analysis tools and the their components.
Case Solutions can be found on the web site page: Case Assignment Solutions Examples