|Add a New Post:|
In addition to reading and preparing laboratory assignments, students are expected to blog on their assignments. Blogging is an important skill as social media becomes an important way for students to demonstrate skills and competencies.
Everyone needs a personal brand. It really is that simple. What do you want to be known for? How do you show the world what you know? NO ONE will remember the grade you get in this class a year from now. NO ONE, not even you! What you will remember is what you learned. One way to learn about anything (and also show the world ) is to write about it. So learn to blog. Say something useful, it will move you and the world along.
What Makes A Good Blog
Good blogs answer two important questions. What the topic means to the reader and what’s in it for the reader. The author should provide:
- Specific details about the key facts and problems on the blog topic.
- Discussion on how specific issues described in the blog have broader application and to the class materials.
- A balanced perspective which explains both the rationale for a recommendation (the why) as well why the reader cares.
- A good blog includes well-considered recommendations and includes discussion of potential threats to success as well as rationale for an organization’s ability to overcome them.
- Readers and audiences only care about two things:
- WIM – What it means
- WIFFM – What’s in it for me?
- Writing with these two ideas in mind will make you a succesfull communicator.