In addition to reading and preparing to discuss the assigned case studies, students will also prepare an analysis of three exercises during the semester.
Summarize your analysis in a set of no more than 3 PowerPoint slides. Use the main slides to communicate the key points in a concise and direct manner. You may use the “notes” section on PowerPoint to add more detail and justification. Do not fill the main slides with text. The slides should include:
- Specific details about the key facts and problems of the exercise.
- Discussion on how specific issues in the exercise have broader application and to the class materials.
- A balanced perspective which explains both the rationale for a recommendation (the why) as well as its feasibility (the how). Well-considered recommendations include discussion of potential threats to success as well as rationale for an organization’s ability to overcome them.
The process for submitting your exercise analysis is as follows:
- Submit the exercise analysis via email to me (at email@example.com) – no later than the day the analysis is to be discussed in class. The file should be in Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt or pptx) format.
- Please bring the analysis to class on a flash drive and also bring a printout and make sure you hand it to me before the class starts. You may be asked to lead a discussion about the case using your slides.
- Late submissions will not receive assignment credit.