No Points
Total
1055 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Temple University Analytics Challenge

http://ibit.temple.edu/analytics/files/2014/08/TempleAnalyticsChallenge2014.png

During the Fall 2015 I participated in the 2nd Annual Fox Analytic Challenge.  The challenge goals were sense of big data through visualization. Visualization is a key component of data analytics, and experts cite visualization.  Students worked in teams to analyze large sets of data from three large companies; Merck, Lockheed Martin, and NBC Universal.  Teams had the option to choose from the three challenges and create a visualization to the question at hand.  Over a three month period I gained vast knowledge of new visualization tools. Some of these included tools such as CartoDB and PiktoChart.  Although the the data provided by Merck included over 2000 employee records, I was able to analyze all the data and provide meaningful feedback.

The experience I gained from participating in this challenge has prepared me for handling data in a real-world sense.  Prior to this competition, large data was often intimidating and not an area of interest.  However, after the challenge I feel confident in my ability to analyze data and provide information that would be useful to my employer.

Skip to toolbar