- A movie that I have watched over and over again is the movie, Forrest Gump. I watched this movie when I was about ten years old for the first time when I was on an overnight train with my girl scout troop heading to Savannah, Georgia where the movie was filmed. I couldn’t get enough of the movie especially because I am fascinated with history and the movie is full of different references to historical events and people.
- My favorite sports teams include The Philadelphia Eagles, The Philadelphia Flyers, and The University of Alabama Football Team.
- Growing up I had two dogs, a yellow Labrador named Petals and a black Labrador/Great Dane mix named Thorn. Because of them I now dogsit outside of my regular job just for pure fun.
- Apps I visit daily include Instagram, Tik Tok, and VSCO. Instagram is nice because I like to look at hair and outfit inspirations on my “For You Page”. On Tik Tok, I enjoy a variety of videos that make me laugh, but also videos and pages that are so interesting that teach me so much. I follow some accounts that focus on interesting marine biology, and some that focus on animal behavior, etc. I enjoy VSCO because a majority of it’s content is beautiful views from around the world.
- My favorite things to do outside of school & work are to go on walks/do outdoor activities. In the summer I like to go on hikes or walks, and on my full days off I love the beach. In the winter I love walking in the cold and when I have the day off I love to go snowboarding with my friends. I have been snowboarding since I was thirteen.
- The coolest thing I’ve ever done was while living in Washington, D.C., I would go and do my homework in The Library of Congress, for which I even got a membership ID. It was an amazing experience I was so grateful to have and inspired me to work harder.
- My proudest atypical accomplishment is during my sophomore year of high school, I was a part of our school’s Air Force Junior R.O.T.C., and I was tasked with planning our Armed Drill Team trip to our competition in Daytona, Florida. Planning this trip included booking hotel rooms, shuttles, flights, competition enrollment, daily itineraries, packing lists, creating the budget for the trip, as well as multiple payment plan options for students and parents. I then presented the proposal to all of the parents and staff. This was an amazing leadership and learning opportunity where I learned so much about time management and scheduling at such a young age. Everything went smoothly for the entire week-long trip and I am very proud of that accomplishment at the age of sixteen.