Intranet Content Specialist
- Job Title – Application Support Services Department – Temple University
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks) The assigned tasks include working through Liferay – a content management system – to work on building/organizing TUPortal 6. This work includes collaborating with developers and learning how to integrate Java and HTML experience into the software.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished) So far my projects include laying out the templates for the basic pages on the TUPortal6 site, the sub-pages, Links to URLs, Categorizing the content of the What’s New Newsletter within the IT Staff, as well as working with programmers on integrating Java and HTML for an efficient student experience.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses) What I have learned so far is how to use Java and HTML skills that I gained during my Web Application Development course to create and add to the Liferay system to complete the user experience for TUPortal6.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.