This Year
No Points
Total
223 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Career Strategies for Women Re-Entering the Workforce after 2020

This LinkedIn learning video provided me with strategies that women can use to enter the workforce and get an interview, internship, or get a job. There are many work environments that are predominantly male and being a part the MIS major community, I have noticed that there are more males than females in this field of work. This video caught my attention and I found it interesting because I want to learn more about how women can plan to enter the workforce. One of the first steps to take when figuring out what workforce you want to enter is to “inventory your skills.” I really liked how this video included downloadable documents such as the “skills map worksheet” which allows you to list out your skills that you have, or have acquired in past jobs. You can also list any skills you want to develop if given the chance.  There is also a file where you can create your own workflow and schedule that works particularly for you. I find this important because it allows you to include anything you want to include but also have time for work. In this video, she talks about how the year 2020 shows us that the workforce can change whenever and that you have to be willing to adapt to these changes when necessary. For example, COVID caused most work to be remote which means everyone had to adjust and use zoom or online resources. This helps with my career goals because I am able to plan out what I want to do, how I want to plan it out, and what steps I need to take in order to make it there. I found this learning video very important and informative because it helps understand the steps you can taken and what you can expect from doing these steps.

Skip to toolbar