Cara M Evans

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2019

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

Many of the classes I have taken so far have already prepared me well for a career in IT.

At the Fashion Institute of Technology, I took a course on Excel for Business. This was an extremely thorough and in-depth course on the powerful tool of Microsoft Excel. After this class, I am able to say I am skilled in most essential aspects of Excel, including advanced formulas, tables and formatting, conditional formatting, pivot tables, macros, and data analysis. This has given me a good base knowledge for learning more advanced analytics tools, which will all be helpful in my future career.

At Temple, I have taken multiple courses specifically geared towards IT and data analytics. In the Fall 2016 semester, I took Data Science, a course focused on data visualization and analysis. In this course we learned the data visualization software Tableau. This tool is very popular in the industry and something I am excited to learn more about and hopefully use in my future. Here and here you can see examples of my projects from this course including visualizations I created for it on Tableau.

Currently, I am enrolled in Information Systems in Organizations. Already in the class we have learned many different tools and skills that will be useful in a career in IT. These include WordPress, Google Analytics, and SalesForce. We have also learned about the use of swimlane diagrams and ERDs for organizing the business process. All of these tools are the foundation of MIS and I am excited to build on to this platform in my future courses.