MIS 2101 Section 701 – Amy Lavin

Retailers Strategy to E-Marketing

"Give Us Your E-Mail"

“Give Us Your E-Mail”

Hey Everyone, in this weeks readings we learned the essential components of the E-Commerce world and all of us are exposed to this whether at work, school, or everyday life. The article that I have provided, “E-Commerce Practices That Are Costing Coversions,” is a brief look into some potential problems retailers face when they do business with consumers (B2C) through marketing over the internet.

http://marketingland.com/e-commerce-practices-costing-conversions-99140

These are some pretty basic problems that don’t seem that dangerous in terms of business, but after reading the article do you believe that retailers, in general, are just trying to give the customer what they want? Or are they being too pushy? Or is it a mixture of both?

Overall, e-commerce has opened up a lot of avenues for companies, but at the same time there still are many drawbacks and some kinks needed to be ironed out. I have been a manager in retail for about 5 years and have seen e-commerce as a positive and a negative. The biggest issue I’ve had to deal with is online returns. My company gives the option to mail the item(s) back for free with a pre-paid postage label, or they can bring it back to the store. What would you do, why?

Some things to think about when we discuss the article for class Thursday!

13 Responses to Retailers Strategy to E-Marketing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 7 other subscribers