Kin San Lee

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: August 2017

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

As an intern for IDEATE from Resource for Human Development I learned a lot about the relationship between Access and SharePoint. IDEATE is a small unit within RHD. This unit helps disabled people to help them break their barriers and be able to work as a normal person gaining their own income. IDEATE wanted to gather all the clients data and be able to update them using a form and could be shared to the company’s staff. Fortunately, I spoke with the Unit Director and she approved me to create a database and form in Access and then share it through Sharepoint. This project was to be done a week before the end of my internship, so I started to create and design some data charts and the flow of how to input information in the form. I heard the program was easy to use and I definitely was ahead on the project schedule because of its ease to use. After I have created the tables, inputted attributes and constructed the form, I needed to do some research on how to link the Access with Sharpoint. Through this whole creation process, I was able to learn a little bit more on SQL and data charts for this project. After everything was set in place, I needed to maintain the data and make sure it would not have abnormalities. The project was finished before I ended my internship and the Unit Director was happy with the results.

Overall I was quite satisfied for my work in IDEATE, and I felt that I helped them minimize their workload and cleaned up their bad data. This internship, helped me learn a new skill which was Access and Sharepoint. This skill could be applied to a future company who uses Access forms and have Sharepoint has content sharing. The internship has also given me a chance to experience a normal work day and how to meet project deadlines.