Section 004, Instructor: Larry Dignan

Extra credit assignment due April 16

For one point added to your final grade, here’s what I’m looking for. Read these following two Q&As and give me 100 words on one of them (your choice).

1. Death and data science: How machine learning can improve end-of-life care
  2. A day in the data science life: Salesforce’s Dr. Shrestha Basu Mallick

The 100 words should focus on one of the following:

• What are the challenges with this topic in regards to data science?
  • How do you foresee analytics affecting the fields that are in the interviews (end of life care and sales  to assistance)?
  • What was your biggest takeaways from these two data scientists?

This will be due on April 16 to me before class via email.

One Response to Extra credit assignment due April 16

• I feel that after reading the articles, KenSci’s new innovation proves to be more crucial in data developments. What i found was that KenSci aims to use the intelligence to alleviate data of caregivers and hospital systems. Mr. Dignan stated that the physical is the final decision maker when it comes to one’s health but intelligence will assist in research. I feel that despite new innovations, intelligence has the potential to take over a human mind, possibly becoming self-conscious. With the light of current hacking wars globally, this intelligence may be vulnerable by hackers and such. Analytics are very precious and must be held with high regard in security. In the other hand, Teredesai states that intelligence should be used to assist sales experts and workers. What stuck out to me was that she stated salespeople prioritize consumer speed. A.I. systems such as IBM systems affect flow of sales and economy in general. I really enjoyed the articles and the author surprised me with a skillful method of writing about these new discoveries.