Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- Organize 13 years of extensive excel data into one central database for easy access
- Strategically coordinate work excel workbooks into two larger workbooks then give the option to organize by location, product, or sales.
- Search and find new companies that fit the customer profile
- Created reoccurring email blast using HTML to send to specific companies to remind them of the items the company was selling.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- I created a centralized data base that contained customer’s location, sales, and contact information.
- Created an email blast that allowed the company to send product information to customers during select times.
- I merged databased into one for the sales team.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- The main thing I learned from this internship was that communication throughout a company is essential. I messed up a couples times and put in wrong data and it threw the entire data base off. I learned that talking to supervisor and getting to know exactly what he wanted is better than just putting in what I thought was correct.
- I used my knowledge with salesforce greatly during this internship. When I learned SalesForce in the MIS 2101 course it taught me how specific I needed to be when I was gathering and organizing data.