This Year
No Points
Total
1055 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Course Work and career interest

The MIS classes at Temple University help me sharpen my data analysis and programming skills. For example, MIS2101 introduced me to many rudimentary yet essential knowledge about the MIS field, such as the swim lane diagram and basic programming. The Learn IT challenges allowed me to test and apply my knowledge in real life applications, which is essential for programmers. MIS3501 taught me more advanced programming, specifically web development. This is important because every company relies on websites to connect with customers. A good website tends to attract more customers, thus  helping the company to expand. MIS2502 is another great course. This class taught me more advanced data analysis skills and introduced me to many useful softwares such as R and MySql. This class focuses on gathering and analyze data by using these softwares. It’s extremely useful because without the correct data, many company functions cannot continue. These courses help me prepare for my future career because they taught me many critical skills I need in this field. I’ve always enjoyed working in a business environment while focusing more on the technological side, so MIS is the perfect major for me. By combining both business and computer science knowledge, I can solve many business problems with technology that others can’t.

Skip to toolbar