NBCUniversal Analytics Challenge
Describe the challenge/competition
- Indicate 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place
- Name of sponsoring organization
- Details of the activity (e.g., where, when, what you won)
- What you learned
- How the activity relates to coursework or your career goals
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.
- We received 4th place or honorable mention
- NBCUniversal sponsors the analytics challenge
- The competition took place on Wednesday 11/14 at the 7th floor of Alter Hall. After presenting to a panel of judges, our team won a combined cash prize of $500.
- This competition allowed me to learn how to effectively and efficiently analyze large sets of data and deliver this information in a way that is comprehensible to the audience. Additionally, a big component of this project was the ability to work in a team environment. Through our collaborative efforts, I was able to learn how to best work with a team by managing busy schedules and by communicating frequently.
- Largely what I want to pursue in the future is related to data analytics. I will have to understand certain trends and patterns within data and use that to develop helpful insights to solve pressing issues within the company.