Community Platform
Interests
  • Project management
This Year
No Points
Total
2150 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Working for Penn Medicine

uphs_220

For nearly three years now I have been working for the University of Pennsylvania Health System. I work in the Information Services division providing End User Support for desktop and project management. This has involved working with users to develop various types of working environments. One of my most interesting experiences was supporting the new location at Washington Square where I was able to organize hardware deployments and train new employees. I worked alongside the Project Management department to orchestrate an effective plan for converging new patient care facilities. Another interesting experience involved upgrading the operating rooms at HUP, Pennsylvania Hospital, and Presbyterian Hospital. I provided first hand support for IT upgrades which involved being inside the operating rooms during procedures! These last three years I have been learning more about the functions of an Information Services department, along with all the intricate details necessary to function  effectively. I have been able to work with companies who provide IT infrastructure, network technicians, and application analyst. I am constantly involved in learning new technology that the health system adopts and finding new ways to enhance user experiences. I am often asked to asses situations, reviewing build sheets, and provide feedback to upper management. This has enabled me to take on more responsibility and develop my abilities in management.

David Dalessandro Jr.

EUS Desktop/Project Technician

UPHS Information Services

Information Services at Penn Medicine

Skip to toolbar