This Year
No Points
Total
885 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Social Media

One of my hobbies is reading up on different articles on social media.  I find social media fascinating because so many people are using it for personal and business uses.  Facebook has a little over a billion users and Twitter has about 200 million users.  I feel understanding as much as I can about social media can help me become a more knowledgeable business professional and Generation Z human.  One of the more interesting articles I read was how new statutes in various states are being passed that prevent employers from monitoring employees social media accounts.  The statutes were made to protect employees personal privacy.  However, I disagree with the statutes.  I feel if a company feels it needs to monitor its employees’ social media accounts it be allowed to do so as long as it notifies its employees prior.   I feel this is important so companies can protect themselves from potential illegal activities by employees, which would put firms in serious peril.  I feel employees need to understand and accept that it is necessary to sacrifice personal privacy so that their employer won’t go bankrupt, and, as a result, they would lose their jobs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323551004578436713224083592.html?KEYWORDS=social+media

Skip to toolbar