No Points
Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS2502 E-Portfolio Points Assignment

Why is Social Media Analytics Important

When I first started social media marketing, I had no idea about social media analytics. I spent a lot of time promoting my content out to the world and hope people would eventually reach to my page. Unfortunately I was wasting time because social media analytics can give you all the information you can possible want. KISSmetrics shows what you are doing right, track your progress, and help you better allocate your time.

KISSmetrics is a paid social media analytics platform. KISSmetrics has simplicity to its user interface so it gives easy access and understanding to users. KISSmetrics is very similar to Google Analytics but instead of giving you all the information in their user interface, KISSmetrics is based on user interaction or activities that you want to record or information that you care about. KISSmetrics lets you focus on things that you are interested in such as an event of “adding items to shopping cart” or “number of logins”.

Relation to MIS2502

KISSmetrics relates to our course MIS2502 because at the start of the course we discussed the two types of data; transactional database and analytical data store. We also covered data versus information, data meaning unorganized raw facts and information is transforming those facts into meaning. KISSmetrics is both data and information because KISSmetrics gathers facts from people who enters your website and KISSmetrics lets you choose what types of data you want to read and dissect them into the valuable information that can put your company or business further ahead.

Case Study

KISSmetrics is a paid program and since KISSmetrics is similar to Google Analytics, I used Google Analytics as my experiment. I have over ten thousands subscribers and over five million views on my YouTube channel so I experiment the traffic and what browsers my viewers are watch my videos from. I found out that majority of people used Google Chrome followed by Safari than FireFox and lastly Internet explorer. Those information were able to let me focus more advertising on Google Chrome and Safari which will generate more revenue. If I were using KISSmetrics instead of Google Analytics than I could of allocated my time better because of the user interaction that KISSmetrics has.

Reference

Chau, Raymond. “Basics of KISSmetrics | Why Measure That?” Why Measure That. N.p., 09 Jan. 2014.

Web. 30 Apr. 2014. <http://www.whymeasurethat.com/2014/01/09/basics-of-kissmetrics/>.

Fox, Alexa. “Why Tracking Your Social Media Analytics Is Important.” Segue Technologies. N.p., 26

Apr. 2013. Web. 30 Apr. 2014. <http://www.seguetech.com/blog/2013/04/26/why-tracking-

social-media-analytics-important>.

Skip to toolbar