This Year
No Points
Total
430 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 3504 – Digital Design and Innovation Studio – BeHeardPhilly Project

I had a great opportunity to shadow BeHeardPhilly’s street team recruitment efforts at the 2016 Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (DVAEYC) Annual Conference which was the premiere event for the early childhood education community in the Delaware Valley. This event was a great niche for BeheardPhilly because of the interest of their potential members with education.

In fact, the street team was reaching out to people with a brief explanation on the objective of their participation, such as that BeheardPhilly was a Non-profit movement in the city looking to give Philadelphians a platform to voice their opinions on different social issues (school closing, issues with Septa, news from the mayor’s office, soda tax, etc.). In addition, we collected information from members such as home zip code and age in order to make sure that participants are qualified for the next step in the recruitment process; then we included gender, race, highest level of education, preferable mode of contact (email, text, phone), how often they would like to take survey, name and social media handles. These early steps in the registration process are crucial in order to send surveys to members, so they can start weighing in on these important issues.

I learned a great deal from BeHeardPhilly’s street team which was composed of Jocelyn Hastings, BeHeardPhilly Outreach Coordinator, and a student intern from Temple University. Consequently, I am confident that this hands-on experience on the recruitment process will impact positively our project’s progress.

Skip to toolbar