MIS Major | Digital Marketing Minor

MIS 3535 Personal Journal Entry – September 26th

So far my team and I have been off to a slow start, but we are starting to pick up the pace. There is great communication amongst everyone. The GroupMe app is one of the biggest factor that contributes to our communication plan.  The GroupMe app allows us to stay on the same page. In addition to our successful communication plan, we’ve also managed to establish and maintain an organized google drive in which we (BAs and PMs) all can share different documents and deliverables related to our project. Furthermore, the PMs have a good system for dividing up our assignments. There are still certain areas that need improvement.  For example, there is a lack of urgency and lack of engagement. We also need to build trust between the BAs and PMs to help the project run smoothly. I know that after we start meeting on a weekly basis this will change.  I have noticed that when we reach out to our BAs they are more responsive and is something we need to continue.

Personally, I’ve contributed to the communication plan. I also sent out a Doodle poll to determine the best time for everyone to meet.  Despite everyone’s busy schedules, I found that the most convenient times for almost everyone to meet are on Fridays after class. Lastly, I think that a weekly email update or a short virtual meeting like we talked in class would be a great idea.