Project Update: December 1, 2017:
Final Project Presentation Order:
Note: Presentations will start at 5 PM Sharp on December 6th
Project Update: November 27, 2017:
Final Project Presentations: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 from 5-8 PM – Alter Hall, 7th Floor, MBA Commons
Please bring 6 copies of your PowerPoint to the presentation – 2 for the professors and 3 for the client. You can print your presentation in 3, 4, or 6 slides per page – no need to do full size slides.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS due Sunday, December 10th at 11:59 PM via OWLbox folder (Team Name_MIS3506_Final Project Deliverables – make both professors collaborators to the folder: Lavin – firstname.lastname@example.org and Sclarow – email@example.com
- Your scope document
- The working JIM prototype (VP file)
- The scenarios that your prototype represents (in VP file)
- Data masters or variables for all data fields on the prototype (in VP file)
- Business rules documented in a separate Word document
- Use cases that your prototype represents in a separate Word document
- JIM report as a Word document
- Powerpoint presentation
HARDCOPY SUBMISSIONS delivered to Emily in Speakman 210 – Monday, December 11th no later than 10 AM
- Your scope document
- JIM report on your prototype with all options turned on
- Your PowerPoint presentation
Project Update: October 17, 2017
Project Update: October 8, 2017 Notes from SoundMind 10/2/17 We had a great time meeting the class last week and taking questions from the teams. And we were so impressed by the quality of questions asked! It was clear a lot of preparation and research had gone into the questions ahead of time. In the interest of answering some questions that came up, we’ve included a few links with additional information. LINKS: http://voicelabs.co/2017/01/15/the-2017-voice-report/ ^^ This will give a great background on the current landscape for voice assistant services. https://echosim.io/welcome ^^ Echoism is an online Alexa simulator to test commands without an Echo or other device of your own. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13EXV-uWqgG0q2b3499oj1trdUVCxeHSNuU__KZneCbU/edit?usp=sharing ^^ This is a blank spreadsheet with a sample entry to show the metadata collected for each memory in Memory Lane. This info is for us to keep track of what is in the public database, and tags will be enabled for users to search for clips in the coming iteration of Memory Lane. Note column O where additional tags are listed. I’ve left the document editable therefore if you want to add more tags it can be done here. We will also be sharing a press release going out this week as well once it is ready.
Semester Project Overview: Memory Lane This semester, we will be working with Memory Lane to create the digital tools needed to serve their prospective and current clients as well as members of the community at large. Memory Lane Background Memory Lane is an app on the Amazon Alexa suite. (Assume that we are platform agnostic). You ask Alexa to open Memory Lane and then direct her to a year. In return, she’ll play a public memory correlating to the year. Right now, only American historical memories are loaded into the database, because they are in the public domain. We have hundreds more, however the process is extremely labor intensive and manual. It can take upwards of 8 hours to upload 30 memories-now push that across 6 decades! We need you to help us come up with a solution to make it easier to upload memories to the database. Additionally, down the road, we’d like to give our users the option of uploading their own memories in personal accounts. This meaning, when you open Memory Lane and say a year, not only will you get a public memory but also a private one (a personal story from your life narrated by you or a loved one). Please keep this in mind when creating solutions on how to upload and store the memories, as well as how to manage accounts to keep the memories secure. Connect-The-Dots Connect-The-Dots is a proprietary platform being used to manage Amazon devices. The primary target of this dashboard is assisted living facilities and nursing homes. We already have signed a few clients! Our onboarding process is very manual and labor intensive. As we scale out and grow our business, we fear we won’t have any time to get our clients up and ready. We need help to create an automated onboarding process to enroll our clients and get them ready to roll out CTD. This can include an online option or just better streamlining across our current processes. Each team will explore and focus on 1 of the below areas, although overlaps are possible. 1. Develop technology enabled web and mobile tools for the collection and dissemination of personal memories
- To enable clients the ability to store their memories in an easy, efficient manner
- To enable clients and their families the ability to play back their memories in an easy, efficient manner
- Provide the ability to tag the audio clips with descriptive notes and keywords for ease of sorting, searching and cataloging.
2. Develop technology enabled web and mobile tools for the collection and dissemination of public memories. Ideally, clients would be able to search for audio memories from specific years or events and add them to their catalog.
- To enable clients the ability to identify and catalog memories in an easy, efficient manner
- To enable clients the ability to play back their memories in an easy, efficient manner
- Provide the ability to tag the audio clips with descriptive notes and keywords for ease of sorting, searching and cataloging. Maybe add a personal note to the collection.
3. Develop technology enabled web and mobile tools for the Connect the Dots nursing home interface.
- To enable nursing home employees, the ability to onboard new patients, including their personal, medical and family information.
- To enable nursing home patients the ability to review and update their accounts
- Provide a dashboard for nursing home employees on each patient, including, but not limited to their well-being, activities and family visits.
Interview Schedule: September 12: 2-3:20PM, Alter Hall Room 603 Courtney Minich (COO) & Andy Kropa (Founder) Interview #1 Recording September 26: 2-3:20PM, Alter Hall Room 603 Courtney Minich (COO), Erum Khan (CEO) and Andy Kropa (Founder) Interview #2 Recording October 11: 10-11:20AM, Alter Hall Room 603 Dave Rubin (CTO) Interview 3 Capture Interview #3 WebEx Recording **** we’ve included the Capture & the WebEx in the event that you’d prefer to use on over the other… Final Presentations: Wednesday, December 6 from 5-8PM