You will be asked to read several articles, available in the HBSP coursepack and online. Each week, a reading summary will be due at the beginning of class.
Your weekly summary should include the following:
- One key point you took from each assigned reading, including the HBSP cases. Keep it to one sentence per reading.
- A short paragraph essay reflecting the topics of the weekly readings as a whole. This is an opportunity to analyze the competitive forces at play with digital innovation, ethical issues that you become aware of, or connections that you made between various readings.
- One discussion question that you would ask your fellow classmates.
Reading summaries are graded on a pass/fail basis. If you do not complete the assignment, you will not receive credit.
Material listed as (P) are part of course packet available through Harvard Publishing.
- de Rosnay, J. (January 6, 1997). Feedback. Principa Cybernetica Web.
- Aaronson, D. (1998). Overview of Systems Thinking.
- Case: AirBnB (P)
- Christensen, Clayton M.; Overdorf, Michael (March–April 2000), “Meeting the challenge of disruptive change”, Harvard Business Review [Available through TU library]
- Disruptive technology. Wikipedia.
- Case: Google (P)
- Anderson, C. (January 25, 2010). In the Next Industrial Revolution, Atoms Are the New Bits. Wired.
- Anderson, C. (February 25, 2008). Free! Why $0.00 is the Future of Business. Wired.
- Cloud Computing : Cloud Computing 101
- Case: Adobe (P)
- Case: Apple (P)
- Wenger: Communities of Practice (all sections) http://wenger-trayner.com/introduction-to-communities-of-practice/
- Everything is measurable http://www.cio.com/article/2438921/it-organization/everything-is-measurable.html
- Case: Open Innovation at Siemens (P)
- The World is Flat 3.0 http://video.mit.edu/watch/the-world-is-flat-30-9321/
- The Filter Bubble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ofWFx525s
- The Beauty of Data Visualization http://www.ted.com/talks/david_mccandless_the_beauty_of_data_visualization?language=en
- Edward Snowden: Here’s how we take back the Internet https://www.ted.com/talks/edward_snowden_here_s_how_we_take_back_the_internet?language=en