Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: January 2020
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- Within Harry Merrill, I would work as an on call, on and off site technician for technical issues, as well as advanced internal IT architecture (I have learned more about Windows 7 wifi setting and the Netgear Genie than I ever thought possible…). I established and secured an internal, in-store network to streamline workflows and data sharing, and also completed computer setup, hardware installation, computer rests, hard wipes, and file repairing.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Upgraded outdated/bugged email system so that it was usable on slower computers
- Setup a wireless network between the in-store work computers
- Performed a complete wipe and repair of a corrupted computer to return it to working status
- Enabled wifi via external components on a computer without wireless access
- General PC cleaning and speed-ups
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- I think every experience is a good one, and Harry Merrill taught me a lot about practical applications of networks and so forth. One of the most valuable things it taught me though, was communication – a fair amount of the time, I would spend hours on the phone attempting to troubleshoot or walk a worker through the setup of some program or driver on their computer, and the frustration and eventual successes of those phone calls have been invaluable.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.