This Year
No Points
Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 4596 Project: Along The Way

This team project was a solid way to combine everything we learned from previous semesters one final time before graduating. From project management to data modeling to business analysis, this project really encompassed all of our core classes into one project. I learned the importance of needing everybody to be on the same page before moving forward to the next step of a project. When roles aren’t clearly defined and team members aren’t sure what they should be working on, projects can go off the rails very quickly. Building off that, I learned that one of, if not the most important thing for a project team, is constant communication. In order for phases to get accomplished, weeks cannot go by without communication among the team. Finally, I learned it’s important to meet your deadlines. Sometimes there may be a little flexibility with a deadline, but generally if you keep pushing deadlines back, the entire project will get pushed back and may not get completed by the final deadline. Overall, this experience allowed me to use a little bit of everything from the core Fox MIS courses and apply it to a real world situation.

Below is a link to the project site:

Along The Way Project Site

Skip to toolbar