This Year
No Points
Total
1160 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

GeoJawn 2019

On Tuesday, May 7th, 2019, I attended the event GeoJawn. The event took place in the Philadelphia Municipal Services Building on the 16th floor in the Innovation Lab. GeoJawn was part of Philly Tech Week 2019, which is sponsored by Comcast. The purpose of the event was to showcase the software and technology advancements on GPS’s and location analyzing. During the event, I went around to each table and learned about each project that was being showcased. For example, I learned about a project called Philly Vehicle Locator that would track city service vehicles such as garbage trucks and mail trucks. There would be a GPS tracking device on each vehicle, that would need to constantly be updating the location. The purpose of tracking the vehicles could be used to predict what time they are going to come down your street. The GPS devices on the vehicles will be sending lots of data to the servers that would need to be analyzed. Data analytics is what I learned about in MIS 2502 so that’s how this related to my classwork. SQL played a big roll in the Philly Vehicle Locator project. Working with SQL is something that I want to do during my career, so this project related to my career goals as well.

Skip to toolbar