No Points
Total
1225 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Course Work & Career

Digital Design & Innovation Studio MIS 3504

MIS3504 gave me hands on experience with working on Team Projects. This class introduced me to many topics as in:

Business Rules, Prototyping, Data Modeling, Personas, Use Cases, Design Process, Communicating with Team members.

All these topics were utilized in a teaching formate where we applied them in a real life business development  aspect. Our team worked with a Philadelphia Research Company to elicit requirements, interview employees, build a prototype and present our solution to the company. This experience is an exact replica of how an MIS professional will interact in the business world. Communication was an important aspect throughout this experience. Our team was able to discover that each individual has specific skills and strengths that they bring to meet the over all goal for the end result. This allowed me to see that a team is more powerful than the individual but each individual plays an important role.

Experience is what employers are looking for and the Temple MIS department has structured our courses to give a hands on learning experience that will be used in our field. I play on becoming a Business Analysis and this experience is exactly what I will be doing in my field. I am so excited to learn more as I continue my educational path.

Skip to toolbar