Monthly Archives: October 2018
- Monday (10/29) In-Class Activity #7: Getting familiar with R and RStudio
- Wednesday (10/31) Review Session for Exam #2
- Friday (11/2) Exam #2
- Due Wednesday (10/31), at 11:59 pm
- I will hold regular sessions on Monday (10/29) and Wednesday (10/31) after class at Speakman 201F.
- Nathaly will hold additional office hours on Thursday (11/1), at 1:00-3:00 pm at Alter 604A.
- The exam is closed book, closed notes.
- The exam will be a combination of multiple-choice and short-answer questions.
- You will NOT be able to use a computer during the exam.
- Exam # 2 covers all the lectures after “Advanced queries” and those before advanced analytics in R.
- I will hold an exam review session on Wednesday (10/31)
- Nathaly will hold office hours on Thursday (11/1), at 1:00-3:00 pm at Alter 604A.
Study Guide: Document | Powerpoint Slides
- Monday (10/22) Descriptive Statistics and Hypothesis Testing (PPT: Supplement – Basic Statistics)
- Monday (10/22) Introduction to Advanced Analytics (PPT 7.1 Advanced Analytics)
- Wednesday (10/24) Introduction to R and RStudio
- Friday (10/26) NO Class! Happy Friday!
Setup Guide for R and RStudio
Please fill in the Min-Semester Course Feedback Form as I mentioned last week. The purpose of this form is to gather feedback on your course learning experience so far. Based on this I will improve this course, how it is taught, and therefore help you improve your learning. Please be constructive and courteous in your responses. Thanks!
Check out the survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/qE5PymMgzrxRwQi62
- Monday (10/15) Principles of Data Visualization
- Wednesday (10/17) ICA #6.1: Data Visualization Principles
- Friday (10/19) ICA #6.2: Creating Infographics
- Assignment #4 (ETL and Pivot Tables in Excel): Due Wednesday 10/17, 11:59 pm
Deadline: Wednesday, 10/17/2018, at 11:59 pm.
- The assignment instruction is posted on the Assignment Page of the Community site (link).
- Complete and submit the assignment as an Excel document (the completed ETL Workbook.xlsx) to the Canvas.
- There is no answer sheet for this assignment.
- If you do not follow the instructions, your assignment will be counted late.
- Late Assignment policy: All assignments will be assessed a 50% penalty (subtracted from that assignment’s score) for the first day (i.e. 24 hours) they are late. No credit will be given for assignments turned in more than 24 hours past the deadline.
- Work needs to be done individually.
- Monday (10/8) Exam 1
- Wednesday (10/10) Dimensional Data Modeling Overview
- Friday (10/12) ICA #5: Pivot Tables in Excel
- Assignment #3 (SQL#2): Due Wednesday 10/10, 11:59 pm
Resources for Exam #1