This Year
No Points
Total
1110 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Full-time internship Summer 2017

POUND CAKE, Philadelphia, PA                                                                                                   Summer 2017

Web Design Intern

During this internship my responsibilities included:

• Strategizing concepts for large-scale crowd funding campaign for a new cosmetics company.

This task included brainstorming in group sessions, and coming up with ideas to make the campaign successful. every week

we would work on a specific task such as the Indiegogo video, pricing, vision, message to customers, and PoundCake’s

website.

• Managed the production of their inaugural Indiegogo campaign video.

I brainstormed ideas, then once I picked the direction I wanted to go, I started creating the storyboard. When that was

finished, I began writing the official script, contacting models to hire for the video and videographers to film it.

• Monitored the company’s social media channels.

I was responsible for creating a creative google document shared with the creative director, the brand consultant, and the

CEO. The document consisted of the vibe of all social media channels, colors, content, ideas, tone, relevant pictures and

posts for inspiration, important dates …etc.

• Restructured the company’s website through Justinmind prototyping tool.

Using justinmind, I continued working on the company’s website. I edited the original educational platform that I created

in MIS3506 class, and since they wanted it to be incorporated in the website, I had to make sure that it meets the creative

director’s vision. Then I started working on more features alongside with another intern to make sure our prototypes are

similar and satisfy the company’s requirements.

At the end of my Internship, I had the opportunity to help organize the company’s official launch party. During this event I had the chance to network with investors and entrepreneurs, and explain to them the content of the website which is the educational platform and the virtual representation technology that’s going to enable prospective clients the ability to get a true sense of how the cosmetics will look based on their skin tone.

Overall, this internship helped me a lot in developing the necessary skills to manage projects with difficult deadlines, and develop communication skills and time-management.

Skip to toolbar