Information Technology Assistant
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- My job function is to provide office hours for students who need additional help with in-class assignments, homework, and exam preparation. Additionally, my position seeks to support the instructor of the class in order to set him or her up for success through advice, feedback, and course evaluations.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Current projects that I am working on is creating a feedback form for students who have completed the in-class assignments. The purpose of this form is to give pointers to students on certain mistakes that appear in these submissions in order to prevent similar issues in the future. I am also currently working on evaluating students\’ in-class assignments using a rubric and key provided by the instructor.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- Being an ITA for the course almost forces you to relearn the content of the class to be best prepared to answer questions from students and professors. As a result, I am reteaching myself the whole curriculum along with the class. Furthermore, my role as an ITA allows me to develop soft skills such as interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio