• more...
This Year
No Points
Total
995 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

How Will My Education Make Me A Better Employee?

How Will My Education Make Me A Better Employee?

code

Data Centric App:(MIS3501)

A course that is very beneficial to all MIS majors and minors. Learning the basics of coding is important in the today world. Coding is the new language that our children will speak in the future, our lives are evolving around different codes. In MIS 3501 we are taught the main languages of code, HTML, CSS, and PHP. which will come in handy when we face a code error in our future work careers. Basically HTML is the most important part of coding without HTML web pages would not exist, CSS is all the shapes and colors we see on a website; CSS controls the style we observe on web pages, and PHP controls the functions of the page; it controls complex formulas to give accurate answers you could think of it as a calculator. In the close future when I start working for a company knowing the basics of coding is important. Sometimes an error can be fixed in 5 minutes; because code is like a formula if you get the formula right the error will disappear. Knowing code will help me with fixing errors that a company might have without having to hire a third vendor to come out and fix the problem; which can save companies money. No one likes to waste resources and money!
Please watch this TED talk video talking about (learning to code):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKL4lBlmeXE

Digital Design and innovation Studio:(MIS3506) justinmind

Learning new software is a great way to build strong IT skills. In MIS 3506 we get to know a new software called JustInMind a tool we use to create prototypes for web and mobile apps. How this can help me in the my future career? Well, this course really teaches students how to think as a business analysts (BA’s) and sometimes we face problems we need to solve, or tons of data could be thrown at us and we just need to figure out what to do with all of that data. After carefully studying the data for an example we could use JustInMind to make a prototype that employers can take a look at manually and get the touch of it. If a company insist on making an investment in something by a bunch of data they have; it would be safer to use a prototype that could show us the potential of the real investment in the project.

During taking 3506, my teams project was to work with the DIM masters program (Digital Innovation Marketing) at Temple to develop a technology to enable web and mobile tools for current, prospective, and alumni to engage with each other. As well as creating account management tools for prospective students, current students and alumni to create profiles. Lastly, providing channels for distributing information about admissions, upcoming events, student/program achievements, networking opportunities. Our prototype included an app that is similar to a LinkedIn profile where everyone was able to communicate with each other through chat, joining groups, administration having the ability to oversee activities on the app, and a special tab that administration can add upcoming events, information about the program, and networking opportunities.
More information about JustInMind please watch the video through this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJrJzhvsT6c

Enterprise IT Architecture:(MIS2501)

In MIS 2501 we learn the basics of modern enterprise architecture which is integrated into any and every business and focuses on people, information, governance, process, and technology in the hyper connected enterprise. In this class we focus on build virtual machines this can help us in our career field the ability to use multiple OS environments can exist simultaneously on the same machine, isolated from each other. Being able to use VM is great because we can learn how to save on other resources. The way that VM’s lt-sidebar-certificationswork is you pay what you spend and it is very easy to maintenance, application provisioning, availability and convenient recovery (Something that is very important) Plus, it can offer an instruction set architecture that is different from a real computer.
If interested in VM’s please watch this video by Microsoft that explain Microsoft Azure VM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy_rD9K3vNg

Skip to toolbar