No Points
Total
No Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

2016 Spring Internship with Accolade

Accolade logo

During the 2016 spring semester I will be interning at Accolade Management Services, owned by Bernie Heinze of the Heinze Group. I will continue as a Business Analyst working with stakeholders to analyze and document customer business processes and then recommend and implement improvements that will result in customer optimization of our accreditation services.

Previously as an Accolade intern, my first project was to analyze and implement a solution for the in-state process of our newly acquired association, the Insurance Society of Philadelphia (ISOP). After much analysis, I was able to design a new, more efficient process, which I presented to my supervisor.  The new process was approved and implemented, with collaboration from my team, and I am continuing efforts to maintain this operations.

During my spring 2016 internship with Accolade Management Services, I will began the analysis of ISOP’s out-of-state process. Similar to their in-state process, I initiated with analyzing and documenting the current business processes related to the out-of-state business. After detailed analysis and investigation with stakeholders, I will recommend a solution to improve this process area. The target improvements projects include using a dynamic Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that maps out the unique process each state uses to approve and report Continued Learning Education (CLE) credits. I am currently still implementing these solutions and expect ISOP to have productivity improvements that will eliminate the current out-of-state CLE processing backlog.

My roles and responsibilities as a Business Analyst at Accolade Management Services include:

• Maintaining, updating, and reporting on the company legal education accreditation database using MS Access.
  • Direct interaction with customers satisfying requests, providing information and troubleshooting.
  • Working with customers, system users and management to analyze and document current business processes.
  • Recommending process improvements and changes to management and then working with team to implement successful solutions.

Skip to toolbar