MIS 0855: Data Science Fall 2017

Section 005, Instructor: Shana Pote

Weekly Question #9: Complete by Nov. 16, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on November 16, 2017.

Leave a post about your group project:

1. What is the subject of your group project?
  2. Which of your fellow scholars are in your group?

Only one group member has to make the post (only one post per group), but for your other group members to get credit they need to be mentioned in the post.

Reading Quiz #9: Complete by Nov. 16, 2017

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on November 16, 2017.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

Assignment 5: Final (Group) Project: Due Thursday, December 7 at 5:30 p.m.

Here are the assignment instructions.  Groups MUST be 3-4 members.  You may not do this assignment on your own or in smaller groups than 3.

When your assignment is complete, you’re going to email ALL files ((1) the slide deck, (2) your data set, and (3) your infographic)) with the subject ““MIS0855: Assignment 5” to me at MIS0855.h6xo7208v2mgk0g6@u.box.com from your Temple email account. If your upload is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

If you don’t receive a confirmation email, it likely means your submission was not successful. Try again, and contact me if you’re having recurrent issues.

The assignment is due December 7, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. We’ll do the presentations throughout the December 7 class session until all groups have presented.

Reading Quiz #8: Complete by Nov. 9, 2017

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on November 9, 2017.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

Updates to exercises for additional study materials

Class,

Study Guide download issue has been fixed, you should be able to access that file now. (Thank you to those that brought it to my attention.)

In Class Exercises 8.2, 9.1 and 9.2 have been updated with the final versions of the exercises, so you can check your work and compare to the answer keys. Please use these as additional study materials for the exam.

As always, contact me with questions about the material or for office study hours.

Weekly Question #8: Complete by Nov. 9, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on November 9, 2017. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

Here is the question:

Once again, find another online article dated within last two weeks from a credible source that has something to do with data and is interesting and relevant to you. Copy and paste the URL directly into your response followed by a few sentences that explain what is interesting about it.

Office Hours

Shana Pote
shana.pote@temple.edu

Alter Hall 232
Class time: 5:30-8pm, Thursdays
Office hours: Thursdays, 1 hour before class, or by appointment.