Professor: Adam Alalouf

Reflection Journal

Reflection Journal

Prepare a journal documenting the key ideas presented in the class sessions. The reflection journal serves as a “take home” final for this course.

The key factors in the evaluation of your work are:

• Your interpretation of the main ideas presented and discussed in the course, and
  • The quality of your insights.

Your journal should be constructed individually and focus on the following:

• What were the major topics discussed in the course?
  • What were the key management issues related to those topics?
  • What insights — personal and professional — did you learn while taking the course?

In summary, the reflection journal is an opportunity for you to demonstrate what you have learned while taking this course.

Requirements

• Summarize the course in a set of 10 PowerPoint slides.
  • Use the slides to make a visual statement. Use sparing, meaningful text, effective visualizations, and strong images.
  • On the first slide include your name, the course number and the assignment title in a clearly identifiable manner. It is up to you if you want to put any additional content on the first slide.
  • Utilize the notes section to explain and delve deeper when you feel it is necessary.
  • Other than the requirements stated above, you may organize the material in whatever manner you determine is more effective.
  • Submit your journal by email to 5402_SU.4dpfoh8eff34gl9c@u.box.com by midnight of Wednesday, 6/14/17. Please name your file using the following convention: LastName_FirstName_AssignmentName.

Tips

• Start immediately: update the journal as part of your preparation for each class meeting; continue to refine the content after each class meeting.
  • Start the file as a PowerPoint file – don’t start in Word and assume you will convert later. That will be a lot of work. PowerPoint constrains the amount of space you have. That is a good thing.
  • Be creative: this is an opportunity to stretch your skills for creating engaging content. There is no one right format or formula for a reflection journal.

One Response to Reflection Journal

• Thomas Perez
    MIS 5402
    Professor Alalouf
    June 1, 2017
    Learn IT Assignment 1
    I completed the Project Management Foundations: Integration module in Lynda. When I signed up for Lynda, I was asked about areas of interest that I wanted to learn about and based on my selections, Project Management was selected for me. Also, I selected this module because I have an interest in Project Management as a potential career opportunity and I believed the Integration section of the module was a good place to start. The first thing I learned from the module is that you cannot change one aspect of the fundamentals of the integration planning without changing other fundamentals. The example provided was that of throwing a pebble into a lake and seeing a ripple effect of an area outside of where the pebble was thrown. The second thing I learn was how important diagrams are to relaying a message especially in international environments because a well explained diagram can cut across the language barrier. The last thing I learned was the importance of cross integrating multiple projects to successfully complete your project especially if the same people might be working on different projects or resources are shared amongst the projects. I would recommend Lynda to anyone who is interested in learning about different topics via online web modules. The main reasons why I would recommend Lynda are that the overall structure of each topic/section is well organized, the speakers for the module communicate clearly and effectively and the modules are easy to navigate if you need to skip or go back to a section.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *