Basic e-portfolio – 50 PRO points
- Must use the “Student e-portfolio” theme on a publicly available site.
- Appropriate site title based on your name, business professional picture on the top left of the home page, all sample pages and posts removed, and e-portfolio linked to your profile.
- Update the following Community platform profile fields: major, affiliation, employment status, employment job title, job seeking interest, type of job interest, relevant job experience, skills and interests, job interest, and graduation date.
- About me (home) page: Briefly describe your personal and professional background.
- Coursework page: List selected courses taken followed by what you learned from each course in one or two sentences. Optional: Include a picture or downloadable file of an interesting project.
- Experience page: List each professional position including internships and part-time jobs. Describe your role in each position. Optional: Include a company picture.
Interests page: Describe professional and personal interests. Include a picture or other visual element that highlights the interest.
- Resume: Downloadable MIS specific resume in PDF format. (Note: Consider removing the home address from the public resume).
- Professionally formatted with no typos.
- Complete ALL the above seven requirements. There is no partial credit.
- If one of the requirements above is missing or incomplete, the e-portfolio will be rejected.
How to receive points
- Log-in to Community, on the top left hover on My Sites, select the new e-portfolio, and click on Dashboard.
- On the left of the Dashboard, hover on Professional Achievement, click Manage Points.
- Click Add New near the top. Select Basic e-portfolio.
- Review the Community platform profile fields and update as needed.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Make sure the URL of the new e-portfolio is selected.
- Click Submit.
- Once submitted, the e-portfolio is reviewed. The review process takes 2-5 business days.
- You will receive approval or rejection notification on email. To check status online, navigate to the Dashboard, hover on Professional Achievement, click Manage Points.
- Approved e-portfolios will automatically receive 50 PRO points.
- To resubmit a rejected e-portfolio:
- Review the feedback. Navigate to Manage Points and click on Comments under Basic e-portfolio.
- Make improvements as needed.
- Navigate to Manage Points and click Resubmit under Basic e-portfolio to restart the process.
Advanced e-portfolio – 100 PRO points
- Approved Basic e-portfolio (see above)
- About Page enhanced: One or two paragraphs that describe who you are to a prospective employer including skills, background, and goals.
- Coursework page enhanced: One or two paragraphs that describe coursework AND how they relate to your career/job interest.
- Experience page enhanced: One or two paragraphs that describe what you did in an internship or part-time job and how that has enhanced your career/job preparation and skills.
- Describe three different professional development activities:
- Add a post to three different earned PRO point activities (e.g., meeting with industry executives, chairing an AIS committee, participating in a challenge or competition, participating in research).
- Describe in one or two paragraphs the activity, why it is interesting to an MIS professional, and what you learned.
- Presentation: Display an interesting presentation that showcases your skills and experiences (e.g., class project, capstone project, research project).
How to receive points
- Follow the procedure above, except select Advanced e-portfolio in step 3.