This Year
No Points
Total
1650 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

2015 Summer Internship in Procurement

comcast_logothumbI am proud to announce that I will be interning with Comcast Cable Corporation for the second summer in a row, working in the procurement division, specifically fleet management. This is a tremendous opportunity and I am so excited to be back with the team this summer.

Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable, where i will be working, is the nation’s largest video, high-speed internet and phone provider to residential customers under the Xfinity brand and also provides these services to businesses as well.

As an analyst working in the fleet management sector of procurement, I will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on fuel and maintenance cost, in relation to Comcast’s 35,000+ vehicles, by pulling weekly reports from database created by Comcast’s fleet management service provider. In addition to this, I will be expected to maintain an active inventory count on the amount of vehicles in our possession, being able to manipulate excel sheets containing hundred’s of thousand’s of cells using pivot tables, vlookup functions, and descriptive statistics. Aside from my work in fleet management, I will assist other team members in procurement in a variety of areas including contract management, using the Sharepoint database, and product management, using the object-relational database, Oracle 12i.

I hope to further my development and enrichment in areas such as database management, data analytics, and information management, as this is closely related to my coursework as an MIS major. I believe the decision to intern with procurement for a second time will tremendously increase my suitability for a future position in procurement!

Skip to toolbar