Community Platform
Interests
  • Accessibility
  • Agile
  • Ajax
  • AngularJS
  • more...
This Year
60 Points
Total
1010 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

About Me

Welcome to my MIS Portfolio!

Hi! My name is Tarisha Sarker. I am a junior Management Information Systems (MIS) major and a Marketing minor. I constantly strive to push my boundaries and put out the best work I possibly can. I maintain a 3.83 GPA and have been on the Dean’s List since Fall 2020. I am passionate about web development, UX/UI design, and coding. I mostly code in front-end languages like HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript, but I am also teaching myself backend languages like Python and PHP. I love learning from the LinkedIn Learning library provided by Temple, and I have several accolades for topics such as User Experience, PHP, and React.JS. I also love teaching and collaborating with others, as you will see through the later sections of this page and my portfolio. My career goal after graduation is to be a full-stack developer or a UX/UI designer. 

Some background information about me

I was born in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, but I was raised in Dhaka, Bangladesh for nearly 13 years!

Bangladesh Map - GIS Geography

I graduated from International School Dhaka in 2020 with an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. Throughout high school, I was an active member of the art community, and I have several of my art pieces and murals on campus.

My art background and interest in coding and technology drove me to pursue web design and UX/UI design.

What have I done at Temple so far?

I currently hold two jobs at Temple University. They both push my capabilities as an MIS student. I am a Marketing and Web Development Intern for the Lenfest Center for Community Workforce Partnerships, where I develop and manage online content dedicated to career readiness and workforce development. This includes using Drupal to create a website and using Constant Contact to develop weekly marketing campaigns to display job and career opportunities. My second job is as a Management Information Systems tutor with the Resnick Academic Center, where I tutor Division I athletes in topics such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript coding. 

What do I look forward to doing at Temple?

I spent my first year at Temple exploring my options through GenEd courses, so I declared my MIS major during my sophomore year. Because of this, there are a few things that I have not yet done that I look forward to doing in the next two years. For starters, I am definitely joining Temple’s Association for Information Systems (AIS) in Fall 2022. Because of my passion for tutorship, I also anticipate being an Information Technology Assistant (ITA) for MIS 2101: Digital Systems and hopefully a Diamond Peer Teacher too!

Skip to toolbar