about the fair
StartUp Nation Technology Fair is a joint effort of Israel Ideas, Hasbara Fellowshipsand pro-business student organizations, intended to showcase Israeli technology and innovation, and provide internship opportunities for students with Israeli companies.
The core of our events is always a trade show floor, on which 10-12 early stage companies will exhibit their technologies, products and services. Other components of the event – which will vary by campus, include internship and job fairs, speakers, films, Shark Tank type events, etc.
This trade show is an opportunity for companies to recruit paid and unpaid interns through face-to-face meetings, collecting resumes and starting conversations that will hopefully yield into real internships.
(The above is retrieved from Startup Nation Technology Innovation Fair’s website)
For more details, please go to the event website: http://www.startupnationtechfair.org/
- WHO I TALKED TO:
- CEOs of Zeekit and GradTrain.
- WHAT I OBSERVED:
- We talked about the orientations of their businesses, their business models and strategies. Zeekit also showed me their web-based customer interface. Finally we also talked about the internships opportunities. Zeekit is looking for data analytic fields, and GradTrain is looking for Marketing Interns.
- WHAT I LEARNED:
- Zeekit is an fashion business on customers’ palm of their hands, it’s a mobile app that shows fashion trends and style sharing.
- GradTrain is a company that helps students to study abroad and use algorithms to predict chances of acceptance of universities.
- Most of these companies are very successful startups on technology field, and offer varieties of job, internships and even the study/work abroad opportunities. Three of them are even offering students opportunities to work in Israel.