This hands-on PHP programming course uses open source software (Apache, PHP and MySQL) to provide the student with a fundamental programming background. Students will develop the skills necessary to create interactive, database-driven web sites.
This class is intended to teach a specific set of skills. Consequently, this class is designed to develop individual proficiency and reward individual achievement. Programming requires creativity, clear methodical thinking, and attention to detail. Among other things, students will be expected to learn HTML, PHP and MySQL command syntax.
In order to develop a web application, the student must develop competency in a number of different technologies. This class is structured so that individual technologies are introduced, and then combined to create increasingly more sophisticated results.
- Learn the basic structure and syntax of the PHP language
- Handle user input via form processing and URL tokens
- Interface PHP pages with MySQL databases
- Perform other programming-related activities (upload files to a server, manage file directories, authenticate users, etc.)
- Gain the knowledge necessary for continued, independent development of programming skills