Project 2 – SAP
This project will give you hands on experience with a working SAP system. You will be required to complete typical business functions in the areas of Sales Orders Processes and Human Resources. SAP is the world leader in ERP, and this project will help demonstrate both the value and difficulty in integrating business functions, using a real world SAP system. This challenging project may require that you attend an MIS training clinic, as well as to read the ERP sections in the Kroenke textbook in order for you to complete this project successfully.
This project gives you an opportunity to try SAP, considered to be the industry leader in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems. You will follow 2 tutorials on SAP from the end of Chapter 7 and 8 of the Kroenke Chapters while answering some questions.
NOTE*** Internet Explorer (IE) works best for the SAP Project. Please use the Compatibility Mode on IE to make it work. The Compatibility Mode is found under Tools in the IE menu.
The assignment consists of two hands on exercises using SAP for a fictitious company, Chuck’s Bikes, Inc. The goal is to answer the questions in this document while working through the tutorial. Questions Document
- SAP Procure to Pay (P2P) Tutorial Chapter 7 Kroenke (end of chapter Active Case)
- Read the Active Case: SAP Procurement Process Tutorial section on page 211 in your textbook. Pay close attention to the questions. You can ignore the Application Exercises section.
- Using the account and password assigned to you, work your way through Appendix SAP Procurement Tutorial on pages 211-227.
- Answer the questions on page 211. Keep your answers short and to the point. Use screenshots where appropriate. (Same questions listed in the Questions Document)
- SAP Sales Process Tutorial Chapter 8 Kroenke (end of chapter Active Case)
- Read the Active Case: SAP Sales Process Tutorial section on page 253 in your textbook. Pay close attention to the questions. You can ignore the Application Exercises section.
- Using the account and password assigned to you, work your way through Appendix SAP Procurement Tutorial on pages 253-269.
- Answer the questions on page 253. Keep your answers short and to the point. Use screenshots where appropriate. (Same questions listed in the Questions Document)
Make sure you do your own work! This is not a group assignment.
Submit your document by adding it to OwlBox and making me a collaborator, as you did with Project 1.
***Here is a brief tutorial that you might also watch which will detail how to log in and some helpful tips: