MIS 2101 – Jonathan Latko – Summer 2019

Weekly Question #4

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on June 4, 2019. Your response only needs to be about three or four sentences. These weekly questions should reinforce class discussions, readings and show some insight.  

Hint: If you sign into the site using your AccessNet ID and password you won’t have to fill in the name, email and captcha fields when you leave your comment.

Here is the question:

This week, cover disruptive innovation & how the rise of technology has completely changed many business and consumer driven actions.  What do you think was the most interesting or important innovation in the last few years?  Why?  What has it done to the original business model? 

Also – there’s an interesting podcast called How I Built This, which details different companies, their strategies & their innovations.  This one in particular is on Lyft and how that company came to be and how it has completely disrupted the taxi/ride sharing industry.  It’s not required, but an interesting listen if you have the time – 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/how-i-built-this/id1150510297?mt=2&i=1000381136310

29 Responses to Weekly Question #4

Leave a Reply