About Assignment #2 (Due 9/28/18 (Tomorrow) before Class by 3 pm)
If you do have technical issues (constant error reports, no results grid, etc.), do the following,
- Finish writing all queries and save them in a SQL or document (.docx, .txt, …) file before actually running them. You will save time and energy.
- Check again your code thoroughly.
- Common mistakes are typos, wrong spacings, and inappropriate punctuation marks (“, ”, (), , etc. ). Check correct examples for SQL syntax in the lecture slides.
- Type but not copy queries from other sources as there may be subtle differences in formatting.
- Read the error report carefully and see what’s wrong.
- If it is an unsolvable problem due to the idiosyncratic nature of your computer, operating system, version of MySQL, try another computer, you can (1) download and use MySQL Workbench in a different computer at the school’s computer lab, or (2) borrow and use your friend’s or classmate’s computer if they do not have problems.
For assignment #2, the grading rule is the following,
- Points (i.e., 5 points, 10 points, 15 points) vary across questions.
- Full points for each question will be given if your SQL statement is COMPLETELY correct. No point even if there is a small mistake.
- 20% off for each question if the SQL statement is correct, but the results/answer from MySQL Workbench is missing or incorrect.
BTW, I will not write you a checklist of all possible SQL statements this time for Assignment #2.
- Overview lecture slides, ICAs, and course captures (Cavas->Modules).
- Come to my office hour tomorrow 12:30-1:30 pm at Alter 604F if you have any question.